Come and join in the fun of SMASH! by participating in our FanFiction competition. Have fun twisting the canon or possibly disregarding it entirely. This competition is open to anyone of any age and any skill level - you don’t have to be a professional author to become a FanFiction writer!
You have nothing to lose by entering this competition, but could gain the opportunity to receive valuable feedback from a panel of reputable FanFiction authors chosen for their skills and knowledge of a broad range of Fandoms.
To be in on the action write a ficlet (<1000 words) or a short story (1001-7500 words) inspired by one of the prompts below. A winner will be announced in both categories - Prizes are to be announced!
Never heard of FanFiction?
Are you someone who wonders “what if?” when you think about your favourite anime? Do you read manga and think “if only the creators had changed this…”?
Why not try writing your own version of your favourite story? Re-write the ending of an anime episode, explore what happens when enemies have to work together, or give a background character the spotlight.
The possibilities are endless in the world of FanFiction!
Please read the full submission guidelines at https://smash.org.au/event/competition/
Please use one of the following prompts:
- Inhale the future. Exhale the past. – Unknown
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront. – Unknown
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. – William Arthur Ward
- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- They did not know it was impossible, so they did it. – Mark Twain
1. Entries should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
a. Entries should be submitted as .txt .doc or .docx
b. A dreamwidth html formatted document is preferred, but we will accept non-html entries. See dreamwidth tags for a list of html tags that you can use. For example: <b>Example</b> <u>Example </u> <i>Example</i>
c. Entries that are not html formatted documents should have simple formatting so that conversion to html by our coordinator is a quick and simple process.
3. All entries will be made anonymous for judging purposes so elaborate formatting and references to the author will be removed.
4. Authors must use the following submission form when submitting each entry to the competition:
- Email address:
- Location: (Country)
- Phone no.:
- Current fanfic archive: (please supply link, e.g. fanfc.net/rachellom)
- Rating: i.e. G or PG
- Word Count:
- Disclaimer: I do not, in any way, profit from the story and all creative rights to the characters belong to their original creator(s).